Author / Creator: Craig Dalzell
Media type: Policy Paper
Date published: November 2017
an independent Scotland should maintain its own currency. The formation of a central bank and the philosophy behind it should be explained. Scotland’s central bank would be self-funded and self-sustaining and should be publicly owned so as to generate a return for the Scottish Treasury.
Author / Creator: Common Weal
Media type: consultation response
A Scottish National Investment Bank should:
- be a long-term structural intervention into the Scottish economy
- be a source of finance which is tailored to public-good outcomes
- accept any applications for lending or equity investment.
- raise capital from sources other than government
- have a balanced governance structure