Alternative Published Date
Type of Resource:
Who Owns Scotland is a project designed to provide information about who owns land in Scotland.
- The project is owned, administered and maintained by Andy Wightman
- This project is solely about providing accurate information about who owns Scotland.
- The vast majority of the information is derived from the official landownership records held by the Registers of Scotland (the Register of Sasines and Land Register). Other sources are restricted to organisations such as Scottish Natural Heritage where the information is reliably sourced from such organisations themselves.
- The aim is to have all data current within one year by the end of 2022.
- There are large areas of Scotland that do not have any information. Coverage will be expanded but will only ever include rural land. Generally speaking the research involves identifying the largest holdings first and working downwards to smaller and smaller holdings.
- To use the data, a subscription is required.